Commercial deep fryers need to fulfill quite a few requirements. They must offer a high capacity while being easy to use. Safety should also be a priority. Yescom has come with a deep fryer to meet all of these requirements in the form its 6L Deep Fryer.
With a tank capacity of 6 liters, this deep fryer is big enough for commercial frying requirements. A thermostat ensures that the temperature is maintained at the right level for cooking purposes.
For safety, the fryer comes with a lid cover. This can prevent the boiling hot oil from spilling or splashing around. A plastic handle has been attached to the fryer basket, enabling it to be handled safely and with ease.
All components of the fryer have been made from stainless steel to ensure durability. There are other features which users can find useful when operating this Yescom Deep Fryer.
Some of the features of this 6L Deep Fryer from Yescom that a user should know about are as follows.
- The fryer requires a power supply of 100V/60Hz
- The fryer has a wattage of 2500W
- The range of temperature supported by the fryer is 60 to 200 degrees Celsius or 140 degrees to 392 degrees Fahrenheit
- The overall dimensions of the product are 11″ x 17.25″ x 12″
- The capacity of the tank is 6 liters
- The tank’s dimensions are 12.75″ x 10.5″ x 5.75″
- The dimensions of the basket are 7.25″ x 8.25″ x 4.25″
- The length of the basket’s handle is 9.5″
- The tank is removable for draining oil and cleaning.
The 6L Deep Fryer from Yescom does have a few features that users will find beneficial. Here are some of them.
- Safety is taken care of by means of the lid cover, which can prevent hot oil spills and splashes
- The thermostat ensures that the correct temperature is maintained while cooking
- The presence of the lid cover is a benefit in terms of safety
- The stainless steel used in constructing this fryer is highly durable, allowing the appliance to last for quite some time
There are a few things about this deep fryer that users will not like. Here they are.
- The build quality is not up to expected standards and could have been much better
- The edges of this fryer are quite sharp and may end up harming the user if not careful
- The fryer looks and feels cheap
- While the wattage is claimed to be 2500W, the unit is actually of 1700W
There are certainly a few things about the 6L Deep Fryer from Yescom that users will come to like, the price being one of the important aspects.
The fryer is quite affordable, which will be appreciated by many looking for a robust deep fryer for their kitchens. The stainless steel used for making this fryer adds to this durability. As for the safety, it is taken care of by the lid cover.
The six liters capacity of the fryer will be big enough for most cooking requirements, even in a commercial establishment. A wide range of items can be easily fried with it including chicken and Buffalo wings.
Cooking is simplified by the presence of the thermostat. This maintains the hot oil at the right temperature. While there is no drain for getting rid of the oil, it is possible to remove the tank instead. The oil can be replaced that way.
Be that as it may, there can be some users who might prefer a different deep fryer. This is mainly due to the cheap build quality of this fryer.
It can feel flimsy, which is not reassuring for a fryer meant for commercial use. Using it can be a hassle due to the sharp edges as well. In fact, care must be taken when cleaning it else the sharp edges can cut the skin.
To get an idea of how good this deep fryer from Yescom actually is, it helps to compare it to similar appliances in the market. Among the several available, we shall be considering two particular models. They are the T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer and the CDF-200 Deep Fryer from Cuisinart.
The FR8000 Deep Fryer from T-fal is quite a powerful appliance. Its oil capacity is 3.5 liters while it can fry up to 2.65 pounds of food.
All components are washable in a dishwasher. The fryer comes with a thermostat that can be adjusted to the right temperature accurately for the best cooking results.
The heating element is quite good as well. It is capable of reheating the oil quickly. As for its price, it is higher than what Yescom charges for its deep fryer. The build quality leaves quite a bit to be desired as well.
The Cuisinart CDF-200 is an excellent deep fryer. The oil container has a massive capacity of a gallon, allowing all foods to be fried thoroughly. The basket can hold 2.3 pounds easily. The heating element has a wattage of 1800 and works incredibly fast. Reheating the oil takes little time. Assembling the appliance is easy as well.
The price is higher than the Yescom Deep Fryer. While a good appliance, the Cuisinart CDF-200 may suffer from performance issues. In some cases, it might stop working completely, requiring a complete replacement.
Overall, the Yescom Deep Fryer is an appliance that is worth the money you are paying for. The price is quite cheap and the quality lives up to the price. While good enough for occasional use, it is not suitable for vigorous use in a commercial establishment. The fryer works as expected in a home kitchen, however.
It is the build quality that users will have an issue with. The fryer feels cheap and the sharpness of the edges can be a major problem while cleaning. If these issues can be overlooked, the users may find the investment to be worthwhile. At this price point, it is difficult to expect any better product than this. Those, who have a higher budget, should look for better quality options.