An air fryer is an upgraded variant of the conventional convection and functions very much like the latter. Air fryers are countertop kitchen appliances capable of grilling, roasting, and baking besides deep-frying a wide range of treats. Though you can use a deep fryer for rustling up crunchy French fries or crisp fried chicken, an air fryer can make yummier and healthier entrees using much less oil.
These culinary appliances that primarily function by diffusing hot air throughout the inner compartment have become very popular of late. By dispersing hot air inside the chamber, air fryers can fry a variety of foods to perfect crispness using minimal oil. No wonder air fryers cook meals faster compared to deep fryers and conventional ovens.
In this blog, we walk you through the ten best air fryers brands currently available in the market.
Compiling the List of Top 10 Brands of Air Fryers & Their Best Models
You could mistake the Cuisinart AFR-25 Air Fryer for an OTG, which it is to an extent. The AFR-25 is a versatile kitchen appliance that can toast, grill, convection broil and bake, and warm, besides air frying. The unit can cook 3lbs of food at a go and capable of heating foods in a range of 80°F-450°F.
This plush stainless steel air fryer, which operates quite silently, will add to your kitchen’s décor.
- Instructive and informative user manual
- Seven cooking functions
- Simple programs
- Solid stainless steel construction
- No need to preheat
- Components are neither nonstick nor dishwasher-compatible
- Digital controls would have made the unit more versatile
With a 2.75-quart cooking capability, the Philips TurboStar can quickly and consistently air fry, bake, roast, and grill foods up to 400°F. The Philips TurboStar performs all cooking functions hardly using any oil, and therefore cooked items are perfectly crisp and almost fat-free. However, the USP of this unit are the four presets for cooking fish, mutton, frozen fries, and chicken.
- Recipe booklet with instructions for preparing over 200 air-fried entrees
- Non-stick dishwasher-safe unit
- Spacious and heavy-duty
- Comes with a built-in app
- Somewhat noisy
- Limited cooking capacity
The Black +Decker 2L Air Fryer has an adjustable temperature control range varying from 175°F-400°F, letting you cook different foods. Dual heavy-duty convection fans evenly circulate hot air over food, resulting in quicker and consistent cooking. A 60-minute timer automatically cuts off the power supply to the unit after cooking is over.
The air fryer basket, together with the basket separator being dishwasher-safe, facilitates easy clean-up. At the same time, the cooking surface is nonstick, which lets you remove crumbs and sediments easily. This air fryer from Black +Decker comes with a handy user manual with instructions for cooking a range of air-fried goodies.
- Convenient to clean
- Two convection fans help in faster cooking
- Dishwasher-safe frying basket and separator
- Stay-cool handle
- Indicator lights
- The fine print on dials are difficult to read
- Can cook for only a few individuals
The Ninja 4-in-1 AF101 is a very performance-oriented air fryer that can desiccate, reheat, roast, and air fry 2lbs of food fairly quickly. This 4-quart electric air fryer allows you to digitally set the temperature in a range of 105°F-400°F for air frying, roasting, dehydrating, or reheating a wide range of treats.
The AF101 Air Fryer comes with a sizeable ceramic-plated basket, recipe manual, multilayer stand for desiccating, and a crisper plate. Users will appreciate that the unit is spacious, which helps in cooking large servings and that the components are dishwasher-safe. As its name indicates, the Ninja 4-in-1 Air Fryer can cook a variety of foods in different ways.
At the same time, this air fryer prepares food quickly and evenly, and hence the foods have little to no fats.
- Can cook food for a large group of people: 2lbs cooking capacity
- Manual includes instructions for preparing 20 popular recipes
- 4-quart nonstick ceramic coated fryer basket
- Four distinct cooking functions
- Cooks foods containing 75% less fat in comparison to traditional frying technique
- The convection fan can get a tad louder at times
- It takes some time to preheat
- The smell of burning plastics could take inordinately long to go away completely
The Philips Premium Airfryer XXL, as its name suggests, can air fry, roast, grill, and even bake large amounts of foods in a jiffy. No matter whether you wish to savor French fries, chicken wings or mozzarella sticks, the unit fries them correctly. Hence the foods have the optimum level of tenderness and crunchiness as well as flavor that makes them incredibly mouthwatering.
All components are dishwasher safe, which makes it easy to clean-up the unit. The Premium XXL Airfryer from Philips comes with a recipe booklet that you’ll find easy to follow and understand.
- Can cook food for a large group of individuals; 3lbs cooking capacity
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Capable of roasting, grilling, baking, preheating and dehydrating foods
- Exploits patented and advanced fat removal technology for capturing and reducing excess fat
- Preheating not required: cooks 4X quicker than a traditional oven
- Very hefty and noisy
- Has a remarkably large footprint
- Does not have digital controls: so you could experience difficulty in setting the timer and temperature accurately
If you’re looking for a high-quality and performance-driven air fryer that is supremely affordable, then choose GoWISE 8-in-1 air fryer. Costing under $100.00, this air fryer is one of the cheapest units available in the market. This air fryer comes with versatile features, including a temperature selection range (from 175°-400°F), 30-minute timer, seven presets, and a touchscreen.
- Eminently affordable
- Touchscreen display featuring alarm reminder and eight presets
- 8-quart cooking space
- Recipe App with 50 popular recipes
- Heavy-duty heating element
- Capable of cooking small servings of food at a time
- Nonstick coating is flimsy
- No rack for making cooking tiers
Impress your family, friends, and guests with the Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fryer’s versatile and smart cooking capacity. Make the most of the Breville Air Fryer for slow cooking, dehydrating, reheating, toasting, and broiling foods that taste heavenly. The roomy one cubic feet inner chamber is spacious enough to hold a turkey weighing 14lbs.
- LCD features smart controls letting you select from 13 cooking styles
- 2-year product warranty
- Spacious one cubic feet interior compartment has adequate room for baking a 14lbs turkey
- Presets for dehydrating and air-frying
- Element IQ6 Independent Quartz heating elements channelize power to where it is required the most
- Takes inordinately long to reach 400°F
- Convection fan when operating in ‘super’ model is exceptionally loud
You can bet you’ll become a master chef within a couple of months if you sharpen your cooking skills using the COSORI Air Fryer. The COSORI Air Fryer comes in ideally handy for rustling up delicious meat and vegetable dishes, desserts, appetizers, and much more. You’ll also warm up to the fact that the COSORI Air Fryer can preheat cooked foods in just 2-5 minutes.
Other useful features of this deep fryer include a ‘shake and keep warm’ functionality and a detachable nonstick dishwasher safe basket.
- Cooks faster than traditional oven as well as foods are more crisp and delicious
- Includes over 100 creative and easy-to-make recipes
- BPA and PFOA-free dishwasher-safe detachable nonstick fryer basket
- Compact profile: takes up minimum space on your kitchen countertop
- Cooked foods contain 85% less fat compared to meals prepared using conventional deep frying modes
- No separate knobs for setting time and temperature
- Many customers have complained that steam leaks out from the drawer/basket
A steam-proof viewing window, a buzzer, and an odor filter are some of the most versatile features of this T-Fal FZ700251 Actifry Oil-Less Fryer. The T-Fal FZ700251 air fryer helps you save upfront on cooking oil as it consumes just one tbsp oil for frying different foods. The proprietary heat pulse technique ensures the optimized circulation of the hot air, which in turn guarantees consistent cooking of meals.
A large, user-friendly LCD screen, together with an automatic countdown timer makes the unit simple to use and handle.
- Color recipe booklet includes instructions for 38 recipes
- Cool-touch exterior and efficient filter for odorless frying
- Protective cover for splatter-free cooking
- PFOA, PTFE removable nonstick ceramic coated pot for easy cleaning
- Many customers have experienced technical issues implying that the product is poorly designed
- The turntable in the middle ends up messing the food owing to its faulty design
The Big Boss Oil-less Air Fryer allows you to stack up and cook two distinct dishes simultaneously in the unit’s trays. Two indicator lights signal when the unit is switched on and when the unit has attained the temperature for heating. However, the USP of this air fryer model is that it lets you keep an eye on the item it is cooking.
The cooking bowl of this unit is made of high quality transparent glass. This air fryer comes with built-in timer and temperature dials which relieves you from the need to keep a constant watch.
- Capable of cooking two different items simultaneously
- Transparent see-through glass lets you see the cooking
- The grille components have a flimsy chrome coating that could wear away with use
Picking and choosing the top 10 air fryer brands was by no means an easy task. We had to sift through several products and models before we could select ten quality products for this review. Every air fryer brand reviewed in this article has received much more constructive than negative feedbacks from customers.
Hence all the brands starting from the Philips TurboStar to the COSORI air fryer offer excellent value for your investment.