Home cooks often don’t have the luxury of purchasing and maintaining commercial grade cooking appliances for their frequent cooking trysts.
If you are just cooking for a few people at home, all you need is a fryer which is of an ideal size and has easy-to-use temperature controls. The D44528DZ Livenza Easy Clean Deep Fryer by DeLonghi America fulfills some of the major requirements for deep frying like a professional at home.
The fryer allows you to whip up some delicious fried food for the table like tender and crisp fried chicken, fresh fried donuts and even delicious vegetables.
The food is cooked evenly and the golden brown color of the deep fried dishes will be the object of envy at gatherings. It also offers safe controls which allow you to cook with precision.
Let’s take a look at some features of DeLonghi’s D44528DZ Livenza Easy Clean Deep Fryer:
- It has a high oil capacity of 1.2 gallons and the baskets are rectangular in shape
- The exact dimensions of the fryer are 11” x 18” x12.5” and the weight comes to 10.67 lbs.
- The appliance is made from high-quality steel
- It has a capacity of frying 1.3 kilograms or 3 lbs. of food at once
- The fryer is equipped with a filter that contains the strong odor of hot oil and fried food
- Cool-touch handles have been included for ease of moving the appliance around
Some features of the D44528DZ Livenza Easy Clean Deep Fryer by DeLonghi America that makes it a great buy for your kitchen:
- The build and size of the deep fryer is a convenient feature that has little counter footprint and leaves enough space for other appliances
- The lower cool zone temperature keeps the oil cleaner by up to 20%
- The larger cool zone make sure that the food is cooked evenly and one side doesn’t burn while the other side is still being cooked
- After the frying is done, the easy clean drain system allows you to remove the oil easily and reuse it later
- The easily removable baskets enhance the usability of the fryer and help in serving the food
- Most of the parts of the deep fryer can be detached easily and washed in the dishwasher, thus making the cleaning process fast and easy
- The adjustable thermostat features help you bring precision is deep frying which is very important to get the tender inside and crispy outside
- The overall capacity and cooking time makes it a handy equipment when you are cooking for a big crowd
Despite its many positive features, there is room for improvement when it comes to the following:
- The narrow body of the fryer might not be ideal for everyone as it limits the amount of food that can be cooked in one batch
- The magnetic power cord gets unplugged even with a little disturbance
- It takes almost 5 liters (192 oz.) of oil to reach the minimum recommended oil level
- The large size of the fryer and the time take to reach the optimal temperature might make it too much of a bother when cooking for yourself or just a couple of friends
An overview of DeLonghi America’s deep fryer reveals it to be an ideal option for home cooks who want to whip up crisp, golden fried food at a moment’s notice.
It is suitable for regular use as the cleanup is hardly an issue. The oil can be easily drained through a spout and most of the parts are dishwasher-safe.
It takes up a small part of the counter space and the stainless steel body gives it a sleek and sophisticated look.
However, the thermostat controls and the overall interface can be hard to understand at first. Take care while using the cool handles as they are quite close to the steam vents spouting hot air.
To make the right decision about purchasing this deep fryer, you need to compare it with a couple of similar products available in the market. There are two other deep fryers which fall in a similar category as this: HomCom 5000W 12 Liter Deep Fryer and T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer.
The HomCom 5000W 12 Liter Deep Fryer is a commercial grade product that comes at a slightly higher rate than the deep fryer by DeLonghi America. Its capacity makes it ideal for large parties and gatherings. Although the 12 liter capacity is not required for average home cooks.
However, if you have the need for it, this HomCom deep fryer has several handy features like adjustable thermostats, covers that prevent the oil from splashing onto the counter and the build is sturdy. It doesn’t have many drawbacks but the switches might become problematic after a few uses.
The T-fal FR8000 deep fryer comes at a lower price than the one by DeLonghi America. It has a similar oil capacity of 3.5 liters. Some of its features such as thermostat controls and dishwasher-safe parts are similar to both. However, T-fal FR8000 has a state-of-the-art quick recovery mechanism which makes it easy to reach the ideal temperature.
It also has a removable tight-seal container which stores the oil and keeps it clean. The cool touch handles and the viewing window in the lid increase its usability for home cooking. Some drawbacks of this product are frequent problems with temperature control and unsatisfactory built quality.
The DeLonghi America D44528DZ Livenza Easy Clean Deep Fryer is a great choice if you frequently host gatherings of with a large group of friends or family.
However, as the make of the deep fryer is narrow and elongated and has a narrow cooking surface, you might have to fry quite a few batches to feed everyone.
It is an ideal option for people who regularly host gatherings for a dozen people or so. Overall, the build is sturdy enough for home use.
You must be careful with the power cord as a small disturbance or bump can unplug it. If the narrow shape of the fryer is not a bother and you are used to working with digital temperature control, this can be altogether a good buying decision.