Including fish into your diet is probably one of the most recent things on your mind if you are a health-conscious person. Keeping this latest trend in mind, we have made a list of the 5 best fish fryers 2020. The fish fryers work on the same principle as the deep fryers used to fry other types of meat like turkey or chicken. However, the only possible modification is made to the frying basket used in the unit. The frying basket of a fish fryer is specially designed to be rectangular, to accommodate and deep fry an entire fish.
Health Benefits of Fish
Fish is one of the most nutritious and easily available food products. It is commonly eaten almost in every part of the world. The following are a few health benefits of including fish in your diet.
Low on fat and high in protein content
- Contains omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D and riboflavin- vitamin B2
- Rich in calcium and phosphorus
- Good source of iodine, zinc, iron, potassium, and magnesium
- The vitamins and minerals contained in fish are effective in reducing the risk of a stroke or heart attack
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Omega 3 fatty acid helps to keep the heart and brain healthy
- An omega-3 fatty acid is not produced in the human body, so we need to obtain this nutrient from fish as it is good for our health
- Reduces chances of abnormal heart rhythms
- Helps to develop the brain, vision, and nerves of an infant during pregnancy
- Lowers the risk of ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, diabetes and dementia
- Reduces the risk of arthritis and prevents inflammation
Things to keep in mind while buying a fish fryer
Tank capacity refers to the quantity of the oil that a frying unit can hold. This tank capacity varies from one fryer to another. The tank capacity also differs depending on whether the unit is to be used for domestic purposes or commercial purposes. In case you want to use the fryer for commercial purposes you must opt for a fryer with a large tank capacity and you can opt for a fryer with a small tank capacity if you want to use the fryer for domestic purpose.
While checking the product you will also get an estimate of the hourly output that the fryer offers. This hourly output is the quantity of food that can be cooked or fried by the fryer, in an hour. A 40-pound fryer can cook about 80 pounds of fish or French fries in an hour, approximately. Hence, you need to check this feature in the fryer before you purchase it. This is especially important in case you are buying the fryer for commercial purposes.
Ease of Cleaning
One of the most important factors that you should keep in mind before buying a fish fryer, is to ensure that it is easy to clean the unit. Using such an appliance requires the use of large quantities of hot oil. After using the user, there may be stains and oil splashes that you may have to clean. You should opt for a product that is made of a material that is easy to clean. Moreover, the portion of the unit that is meant to contain the oil should be positioned at the lower part of the fryer so that it is both easy to drain out and easy to clean as well.
The material used to build the Fryer
There are many different fish fryers made of a variety of materials, available in the market. Fish fryers may be made to aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron and may also have some parts made of plastic. However, stainless steel is the best material for a fish fryer. It is durable and easy to clean. Plastic parts may not be able to endure high cooking temperatures and melt in the cooking process. Stainless steel is non-stick, this characteristic makes it easy to clean food that may stick to the frying trays or any other part of the fish fryer unit.
Available Space to store the unit
Your choice of a fish fryer is also heavily dependent upon the amount of space you can spare to store the fish fryer. You can choose between a countertop fish fryer or a free-standing fryer. A countertop fryer is ideal for mid-sized families with space in their kitchens for this unit. However, if you have enough storage space and require the fryer to produce large batches of food at a time, you may find the free-standing fish fryers to be a better option. As the name suggests, this type of fish fryer is free-standing, hence, it takes up more space and is better suited for you if you want to indulge in outdoor cooking and have enough space to store the unit.
Gas Fish Cookers vs. Electric Fish Cookers
You will also have to choose between a fish fryer depending on the power source used for the unit. The most common power sources are gas and electricity. While purchasing a fish fryer you must remember that the power source is a major consideration as it is the long term costs that you will have to incur. Thus, you need to choose a unit that runs on a power source that is both cost-effective and efficient at the same time. Moreover, you also have to think about future possibilities when you are weighing the pros and cons of buying a fryer. For instance, the prices of gas were lower some years ago, but are high now, hence, you must be a little far sighted while buying a fish fryer.
Further, even if the frying unit works on a low-cost power source, the fryer must be efficient enough to prevent excessive consumption of power. You can go through customer reviews of different fish fryer models to compare and choose the best-suited fish fryer for your requirements.
5 best fish fryers 2020
The Bayou Classic 2212 Fish fryer is one with a good reputation in the market for its quality and efficient performance. It has a deep-fry pan made of aluminum, with a 10 qt capacity. The set also includes many useful tools like a basket, thermometer, etc. You can ensure that the food is cooked properly with the help of the thermometer, which helps to monitor the cooking temperature. The cooking surface round and it is tall enough to reduce the splashing of hot oil. The unit can be connected to a 20-pound gas cylinder and it also has a warranty period to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- aluminum deep-fry pan and basket measuring 10quart
- stainless steel thermometer measures 5-inch
- Includes cooker
- Tripod cooker features
- cooking surface is round and measures 12-3/4-inch
- 19-1/2 inches height
- 12-1/2 by 5 inches – pot
- Handles for the basket
- Certified regulator
- 29-inch hose for regulator
- I year warranty
- Large capacity 10qt deep fry pan
- Unit is made using quality materials like aluminum and stainless steel
- Includes handle for easy handling
- A thermometer helps to monitor the cooking temperature and prevent the food from being over or undercooked
- Durable and easy to clean
- Not very sturdy
- Not enough height
This Classic 700-701 model by Bayou is another well-designed fish fryer that can suffice all your requirements. It is a 4-gallon fryer and includes 2 stainless steel baskets. This means that it is a good choice for you if you want to purchase the fryer for commercial purposes. It has a temperature gauge and a regulator kit along with a stainless steel braided hose. It is designed in a way that helps the oil to stay clear of any remains from the food being fried in the unit. This fish fryer works on propane and has many features that may be helpful for you.
- 4-gallon fryer
- double fryer baskets made of stainless steel material
- Temperature gauge
- Valve to drain oil
- Legs to extend the height
- regulator kit branded with 10-PSI
- braided hose made of stainless steel
- No scorch design
- V-bottom design
- Measures 38-1/2 by 14-1/2 by 11-1/2 inches with stand
- Large capacity
- Temperature gauge for efficient cooking
- Durable stainless steel material
- Easy to clean
- The v-bottom design keeps the oil clean
- It does not drain the oil efficiently
- Regular and quick cleaning and draining of the oil is necessary
As the name suggests King Kooker is an outdoor fish fryer set with an impressive set of features designed to cater to your needs. It comes with a complete package of rectangular fry pans. It can be used for multiple cooking purposes. The rectangular design on the frying pans is a special feature and makes it an ideal choice for a fish frying unit. The rectangular shape of the frying pan allows you to fry an entire fish as the shape of the pan can accommodate the fish comfortably. The unit comes with 54000 BTU cast burners and aluminum fry pans. It also has heat resistant handles for safe and easy grip.
- 24’’ tall cooker
- Rectangle-shaped cooker
- Recessed top
- 4 legs
- 54000 BTU cast burners
- 15 qt capacity aluminum fry pan
- Punched aluminum baskets
- Heat resistant handles
- Maybe a little more expensive than other models
- Not suitable for small or mid-size family use
This 24-Inch Portable Propane Outdoor Cooker by King Kooker is another impressive choice for a fish fryer. You will get an 18-Inch Steel Wok with a heavy-duty fryer unit. This type of fryer is ideal for you if you are interested in camping and hiking. It is a portable unit that you can carry easily with you and enjoy a tasty meal no matter where the trail leads you. The fryer is powered by propane and has certified for its quality and efficiency. It also includes tools like a thermometer and wind guard to aid in better and faster cooking.
- Portable frying unity
- Outdoor cooker
- The frame is bolted together and measures 24 inches
- The top ring is recessed on the burner
- 18-inch steel wok
- cast burner with 54000 BTU CSA certification
- type 1 –connector is present with the LP hose and regulator
- Wind guard
- Deep-fry thermometer
- Measures – 18-1/2 by 18-1/2 by 27 inches
- Ideal for camping and hiking trips
- Includes thermometer for efficient cooking
- The recessed ring is designed to fit in the 18-inch steel wok, perfectly
- Wind guard to prevent the flame from going off even while cooking outdoors
- Difficulty removing clear resin protecting the wok
- The burner being too far away to produce sufficient heat.
This fryer by Cooper & Co comes with a steamer kit and many more attractive features. It is a good option for you if you are also interested in buying a turkey fryer. It is designed in a manner that can allow you to use it to cook turkey as well. The unit has a 20lb capacity and 55000 BTU Cast Iron burner as well. It promises heavy-duty performance. It is both efficient and can dish out large quantities of food at the same time. It uses propane as its fuel and has many other features than make it easy to use for you.
- Heavy-duty unit
- Welded outdoor cooker
- 55000 BTU cast burner
- 30 QT aluminum turkey pot
- 11 Qt Aluminum fry pan
- Lid for pot
- Basket, pack and lifting hook
- Heat resistant handles
- Sauce syringe
- CSA certified regulator and tube
- Gas stove burner with stand
- Easy handling with heat resistant handles
- Multi-purpose use for frying both turkey and fish
- Sauce syringe for injecting the spices into the meat for better taste
- A thermometer helps to monitor the cooking temperature
- The thermometer reads only till 200 degrees
- Ill-fitting lid
The above-mentioned list of best fish fryers 2020 consists of an assorted list of appliances that cater to the varied requirements of different users. The King Kooker 24WC Heavy-Duty fish fryer is a good choice for you if you want a unit that is easy to carry. This is a portable fish fryer which allows you to carry it along for hiking and camping trips. For commercial use, the Bayou Classic 700-701 4-Gallon fish fryer is a good option as it can fry large quantities of food at a time. It also comes with many attractive features that are desirable in any modern fish fryer. However, the most impressive design is of King Kooker 1624 24″ Outdoor Fish Fryer. The trays are rectangular which will allow you to fry a whole fish without any difficulty.