Recent developments in the field of science and technology have led to the growing need for best air fryers 2020. People are becoming more and more health-conscious. There is greater awareness about diseases and their probable causes than there was in earlier times. This has allowed people to make changes in their lifestyles and eating habits.
It is now a well-known fact that oil content in food causes many cardiovascular and respiratory problems along with digestive problems. To ensure that you can enjoy all sorts of fried food without facing health issues, you can invest in an air fryer, that gives you the dual benefits of taste with health.
How do air fryers work?
Air fryers work on advanced techniques using high-speed fans present inside the unit. The air fryer allows air to move very fast inside the unit. This fast circulation of hot air causes the food to be cooked inside the air fryer using very little oil.
Advantage of using an Air fryer vs. other cooking methods
Other methods of cooking that are used to fry food involve immersing the food item in hot oil to cook it. This means that the oil has a high chance of being absorbed into the food in large quantities. On the other hand, an air fryer just requires a drizzle of oil on the food. Most of the food is cooked using hot air that is circulated at a high speed. Thus, there is a very low chance of a large amount of oil getting absorbed in the food to fry it.
Health benefits of using air fryers
Lower oil intake
Intake of oil increases the intake of fat and calories which is a major cause of obesity. With the help of air fryers, you can fry food using less oil. The techniques of cooking used in air fryers do not allow the oil to be absorbed in the food, thus cutting down the risk of obesity.
Air fryers can be safer than deep fryers
Frying food in the traditional way will require you to handle oil at a very high temperature. While frying the food, there are chances that you may spill oil on yourself. This may cause serious accidents and burn injuries. As compared to the traditional ways of frying food, using an air fryer is a much safer option. Using an air fryer does not require you to handle large quantities of oil at a high temperature, at any point in time during the cooking process.
Air fryers reduce the risk of toxic acrylamide formation
Deep frying may result in the formation of toxic compounds like acrylamide that is responsible for serious diseases like – ovarian cancer, endometrial diseases, etc. Using an air fryer to cook food rather than using the traditional methods of frying is a more healthy option as it cuts down on your chances of falling seriously ill.
Cutting down on deep-fried foods reduces disease risk
Most doctors suggest that you should reduce the intake of oil as it burdens your body with fats and calories. This build-up may eventually lead to a serious heart condition. The greater risk is obesity, which causes many other problems for you. Obesity may cause lower chances of pregnancy, difficulty in moving about, and respiratory problems as well.
Best Air Fryers 2020
The Soing 17QT family over air fryer offers you a large cooking space. This unit is suitable for large families as it can cook large batches of food at a time. The air fryer has the necessary certifications and meets the required standards of a good quality air fryer. The unit is also suited in case you own a restaurant or a hotel. You can fry large batches of food, without keeping your customers hungry at their tables. It has a wide temperature range to control the cooking. You do not have to open the unit to check on the food, as the glass window allows you to monitor the cooking without interrupting the cooking process.
- 17QT extra-large capacity
- Pull down window
- 8 preset cooking settings
- LCD touchscreen display
- Includes accessories – wire racks, skewer rack, rotating basket
- Made with FDA-grade material
- Dehydration timer up to 24 hours
- Temperature control ranging from 90-400 ℉
- Auto shutoff function
- 1800W motor
- Baking tray present to absorb excess oil
- Large capacity cooking space
- Pull down the window for easy access
- Glass view for monitoring the food without opening the unit and interrupting the cooking process
- FDA and ETL certification ensures the safety and guaranteed durability
- The baking tray may also be used as a drip tray to absorb the excess oil, making the unit easy to clean
- Difficult to use with elaborate settings
The XXL air fryer by Philips has a 4qt capacity. It has advanced technology that reduces fat while frying the food and prevents it from beings absorbed into the food. This is a lower capacity unit as compared to others but it may be an ideal choice for you if you have a small family and do not have enough space for a large air fryer. The unit offers the latest features available in the market. Moreover, Philips is one of eth most trusted brands when it comes to electronic appliances, so you can trust the unit to have a long service life without any trouble.
- 3lb/4qt capacity
- The unit works on the advanced fat removal technology
- Instant heating, without need for preheating
- Multi cooking technology
- Air fry, baking, grilling, roasting, reheating, toasting and dehydrating functions available on the unit
- Quick clean basket and removable parts
- The advanced fat removal technology reduces fat to a large extent and prevents it from being reabsorbed into the food
- The unit heats up, up to 4 times faster than other units and does not require to be preheated
- All-in-one, Multi-cooking functions
- Removable parts make it easy to clean
- Fast and efficient cooking
- Dial settings for temperature and time are not precise
The air fryer by NUWAVE offers a 3qt unit at an affordable price. The unit has the latest features and many preset cooking settings. It has a wide temperature range that allows users to cook using different methods of cooking like- grilling, broiling, grilling, baking, etc. It also performs the dehydration function which is helpful for users. The unit boasts of a unique airflow design which boosts efficiency and makes the cooking process faster and healthier. To ensure that air frying does not take away from the taste of the food, the unit also works on a flavor-infusion technology, which helps to retain the taste of the food.
- Special Airflow design
- Flavor-infusion technology
- Wide temperature range between 100F to 400F
- Adjustable 5-degree increment
- Allows functions like- reheating, broiling, baking, grilling, air frying, dehydrating, etc.
- 3qt/1.5 pound capacity
- Includes metal basket, the cooking chamber
- I-year manufacturers limited warranty
- Special airflow designs allow faster and efficient cooking
- Flavor-infusion technology prevents food from losing its taste
- Adjustable temperature settings
- Allows users to cook using multiple cooking techniques in the same unit
- Metal basket and chamber ensures durability
- Hard to clean
- Noisy while operating
This 6 Quart capacity air fryer by Instantpot offers you 4 One-Touch Programs, Air Frying, Roasting, Baking, Reheating, and many other functions in the same unit. This is a unit that has a mid-ranking capacity, neither too big, nor too small. It is both, easy to use as well as easy to clean. The Fryer uses 95% less oil than the amount used while traditionally frying food. It allows you to perform many cooking functions, so you do not have to invest in other kitchen appliances to perform different functions.
- Touch control
- Uses up to 95% less oil for frying as compared to other cooking methods
- Performs multiple cooking functions like – roasting, grilling, baking, reheating, etc.
- Takes half the time of a conventional oven to cook the food
- The unit helps the food to cook evenly and retain the moisture
- Easy to use touch control
- Healthy cooking as the unit uses up to 95 less oil to fry the food
- Efficient and cooks food faster
- Offers many cooking functions in the same unit
- Helps to retain the flavor and moisture of the food to enhance the taste
- Chemical smell
- Takes up quite a lot of counter space
The Ninja SP101 Foodi offers a Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer in the same unit. It also includes a Flip-Away for Storage with XL Capacity. The air fryer has a Stainless Steel Finish which ensures that it is both durable and easy to clean. Stainless steel does not allow grease and oil to stick to the surface, thus making the task of cleaning the fryer easy for you. It boasts of an 8-in-1 functioning, which is at power with the latest technology and features in air fryers. It is a 1800W appliance which means that the unit is fats and uses power efficiently, to cook the food faster.
- 8-in-1 functionality includes- air frying, roasting, broiling, baking, toasting, dehydrating, etc.
- Option to flip up the unit and store
- Uses 75% less oil to fry than other cooking methods
- Removable crumb tray
- Fast cooking-60% faster
- Temperature control function
- 8-in-1 functionality allows you to use the unit for multiple cooking methods
- Dehydrating function available
- Flip-up and store feature along with temperature control
- Uses 75% less oil making the food healthier
- Efficient and fast cooking at 1800W
- The unit gets very hot
- Small size
The TurboFry 2qt air fryer by Chefman has many attractive advanced features that can catch the fancy of any customer wanting to buy an air fryer. It has features like adjustable temperature control, dehydrator, 30-minute timer, etc. These functions are very useful for you if you want to cook your food fast without any hassle. It also has a wide temperature range, which means that you can adjust the temperature as low or high as you want to depend on the result you desire for the food that you are cooking on the unit.
- Wide temperature range 200F – 400F
- Cooking is done using up to 98% less oil as compared to traditional frying
- Compact size
- 30-minute timer
- Manual temperature control
- Detachable BPA free basket
- Cool-touch exterior
- Auto shut off feature
- 2-liter capacity, non-stick fryer basket
- ELT approved design
- 1-year warranty
- Efficient cooking due to the wide temperature range
- Cool-touch exterior allows easy handling
- Auto shut off feature ensures safety from cases of accidents due to overheating
- The non-stick fryer basket is durable and does not require you to use a cooking spray before using it
- The detachable parts make the unit easy to clean
- The non-stick coating may flake off
- Strong chemical smell
The products listed above are mentioned keeping in mind the diverse requirements you may have vis-à-vis the kind of air fryer you may want to buy. A great deal depends upon the size of the product, the available storage space that you can offer for the product, and the capacity of food that you hope to cook in it.
The Soing 17qt fryer is the best option for you if you want to invest in an air fryer for your large family or your fast food restaurant as it can cook large batches of food at a time. However, the Instant Vortex 6QT capacity air fryer is a better option in case you are looking for an air fryer for your personal use. The Chefman TurboFry is another option that you may want to consider if you want a compact unit that requires less storage space for the unit.