- in Grills
Choice and variety are the watchwords in modern society, it is this availability choice and variety in cooking that has led us to discuss the Best small grills. Cooking is a necessity in every household across the world. The methods of cooking were more or less similar for all people. However, with modernization people switched to newer and more diverse cooking techniques, that would satisfy their requirements.
When dry heat is used on the food, from the top, bottom or sides to cook the food quickly, it is called grilling. The device used for this method of cooking is a grill. In recent times small grills have gained popularity.
What are the different types of grills available in the market?
- Gas Grills: These grills usually run on propane or natural gas. It is much easier to clean than a charcoal grill and fires up faster than other varieties of grills. However, these types of grill do not give the smoky flavor to the food that most users expect from a grill.
- Charcoal Grills: Using this type of a grill is both time-consuming as it takes about 45 minutes for the grill to get heated, and expensive as it uses charcoal briquettes as fuel. However, it provides a higher temperature for cooking and gives the correct smoky flavor to the food.
- Electric Grills: These grills work on electricity. They are available in indoor a swell as outdoor variants. It does not give the smoky flavor but it is a good option for people who are not allowed to start fires under their building regulations.
- Portable Grills: As the name suggests, this type of grill can be moved conveniently from one place to another. It is good for camping, outdoor picnics, etc. It usually works on charcoal or propane. The most significant drawback is that it cannot be used to dish out large batches of food at a time, due to its small size and portability.
What are the benefits of grilling?
- One of the main benefits of grilling is that it allows the excess fat from your food to drip off. This means that you eat less fat, which in turn is a healthy change in your diet. In comparison to cooking on the grill, when you cook on a stovetop the fat has no place to escape and eventually gets reabsorbed in the food.
- Usually, fresh vegetables are cooked on the grill. Vegetables that contain less water retain most of the minerals and vitamins when they are grilled. Thus, vegetables that are grilled are more nutritious.
- Thiamine and riboflavin are two nutrients that have many health benefits. These nutrients are most likely to be retained in meat that is cooked on a grill.
- Grilling is usually associated with outdoor activities like picnics and camping. Using a grill is just another reason for you to be more active and participate in outdoor activities.
Things to keep in mind for healthy grilling:
- Opt for meats that contain a lower percentage of fat
- Add a side of vegetables to your grilled meat to make the meal more nutritious
- Marinating the meat before cooking makes the meal tastier and helps eliminate chemicals
List of Best Small Grills 2020
This gas grill burner by Blackstone is a good buy for your outdoor activities. It is a restaurant-level grill, which means that it is efficient and safe. It has a good surface area of 36’’, this means that it can cater to cooking and grilling in larges batches. This grill uses propane as its fuel. It has a removable griddle and the entire appliance is easy to assemble.
- Quick ignition button
- Griddled top that can be removed easily
- Four burners that can be controlled independently
- Attached with four industrial strength caster wheels
- Has a thick rolled steels surface
- Stainless steel burners
- The quick ignition button helps to heat the grill faster
- It is easy to clean the grill as the griddled top is detachable
- Two of the caster wheels attached at the grill can be locked to maintain stability and the wheels allow easy movement
- Each burner can be controlled independently which helps to regulate temperature
- Better heat retention and distribution through the thick rolled steel surface
- May not be able to give a smoky flavor to the food
- It is comparatively larger than other small grills
This grill by Blossomz may be a ‘dream come true’ for you if you are one of those people who cannot choose between getting a gas grill and a charcoal grill. This grill combines two of the most promising types of grills into one unit. It consists of a charcoal grill on one side and a gas grill on the other side. This means that you get two options for fuel. Thus, you can reap the benefits of this two-in-one grill without having to worry about making space for two separate grills.
- Dual grill with charcoal and gas grill on two sides of the same unit
- Integrated ignition for all burners
- Rubber grip knobs
- It has two wheels at the bottom
- Cast iron cooking grids on the charcoal grill side
- Painted steel control panel
- Stainless steel rims
- 3 stainless steel tube burners on the gas grill side
- Gives two options for fuel
- Integrated burners help to control cooking and grilling temperatures
- Rubber grip knobs are safe and easy to use as they do not get heated
- Wheels at the bottom help in moving the unit easily
- Cast iron cooking grids are durable
- Since it houses two types of grills the cooking space on each side may be compromised
- Difficult to assemble
This is a charcoal grill by Royal Gourmet. The CC1830F model by Royal Gourmet is a classic charcoal grill that uses charcoal as its fuel. It also comes with an offset smoker, which means that there is a separate space to add a smoky flavor to your food which is characteristic of grilled food. This is the most authentic type of grill choice for you.
- Porcelain steel cooking grates
- Chrome warming rack
- Smoking offset
- Side handle to add coal
- Air vent
- Cool touch spring handle
- Heavy-duty lid
- Adjustable handles
- 5lbs charcoal capacity
- Extra space for smoking
- Air vents allow better airflow to facilitate better cooking
- Adding fuel is easy with the side handle
- Wheels at the bottom for easy movement
- Easy to clean
- Possible rusting
- Paint might peel off
This charcoal grill is one of the best grills using charcoal as the fuel. This classic model is a great combination of flavor and convenience. It uses charcoal which means that the smoky flavor that people expect to get while using the grill, is guaranteed to the customers.
- 22-inch charcoal grill
- Tuck-away lid holder present at the side of the grill
- Hinged cooking grate
- Tool hooks for hanging cooking tools
- Aluminized steel one-touch cleaning system
- Built-in thermometer to display the internal temperature of the grill
- Large space available for grilling
- Tuck-away lid space present on the unit prevents need to place the lid on the ground or any other space
- Presence of tool hooks for hanging cooking tools provides easy access to cooking tools
- Cleaning the unit is easy with the one-touch cleaning system
- A built-in thermometer helps to monitor the cooking temperature
- Wheels may not be durable
- The grates are chrome plated and not the preferred stainless steel
If you are not much of an outdoor person, yet you want to enjoy a sumptuous grilled meal, this electric grill by Hamilton Beach is definitely for you. This electric grill is an indoor unit that gives you the satisfaction of an authentic grill with the grill marks and flavors that you are craving for.
- Temperature adjusting system
- The grill comes with a hood
- 118 square-inch grilling surface
- Window lid
- Drip tray
- Unit is dishwasher safe
- Comes with power and preheat lights
- 1200 watts
- 1 year limited warranty
- Temperature can be adjusted to cook as per your requirements
- The hood allows your food to have the signature grill marks
- Window lid allows you to monitor the cooking process
- The drip tray collects the oil and grime to keep the cooking area clean
- The unit is dishwasher safe and allows easy cleaning
- Grill may not withstand harsh scrubbing
- Not as flavorful as an outdoor grill
This small and compact electric grill by Weber is both spacious and efficient for an indoor grilling unit. It boasts of an efficient heating system and good quality material in the production of the grilling unit. The unit is durable and it is a good option for those who are not allowed to use charcoal grills at their residence.
- 189 square-inch cooking area
- 1560 watt electric heating
- Cast aluminum lid and body
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Infinite control burner valve setting
- 6-foot grounded cord
- Closed lid
- Sufficient cooking space
- Materials used in the product are durable
- Cast-iron grates ensure efficient cooking
- Burner valve setting ensures complete monitoring of the cooking temperature
- Closed lid function ensures all-round cooking
- Takes long to heat up
- Installing parts in case of repair may be difficult
This portable grill by Pit Boss Grills is quite high in demand due to its efficiency and size. Since it is a portable model, it has to be compact but the manufacturers have not used this as an excuse to make it too small for your requirement. The stainless steel body and two burners included in the model an attractive choice for you.
- 430 Stainless steel body and lid
- 304 stainless steel grid construction
- Two 10000BTU burner design
- Folding legs
- latching hood
- Push and turn the ignition
- Dome thermometer
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- The stainless body is durable
- Efficient heating system with the innovative burner design
- Folding legs and latching hood makes the unit portable
- Dome thermometer allows efficient temperature monitoring while cooking
- No locks for the legs making it less stable
- No drip pan
This portable grill by Coleman is just as its name suggests, ‘Fold N Go’. It works on propane and is easy to carry. Moreover, it best suited for users who do not want a very large cooking space and need something not just portable, but small as well.
- Built-in handle
- Folding grill
- 6000 BTUs of heat
- 105 square-inch grilling space
- Adjustable horseshoe burner
- Instastart ignition button
- Comes with a grease tray
- Removable and dishwasher safe cooking surface
- The folding grill is easy to travel with
- Adjustable burners to control cooking temperatures
- Instaignition button helps to heat the unit immediately and fast
- Grease tray helps to collect oil and keeps the unit clean
- Easy to clean with dishwasher safe cooking surface
- Rusting on the grill surface
- Plastic handle lid may melt
The above-mentioned products are an amalgamation to form a list of assorted small grill units including all the various types of grills that are available in the market. You may choose from the list of best small grills 2020 depending upon your requirements.
The Blossomz dual fuel grill is one of the best picks for those who want the best of both worlds- charcoal and gas grilling. The Coleman Fold N Go grilling unit is another great recommendation for people who desire a smaller sized unit with the necessary features of a portable grill. However, for the flavor lovers, the Royal Gourmet Grill with the offset smoker is the best choice.